Sassy Microgreen Pesto
We combine the nutrient-rich flavor of fresh cut microgreens grown at our farm with traditional pesto ingredients to create a new twist for pesto. Fresh homemade taste from our farm kitchen. Fresh pesto lasts about 15 days in the refrigerator and can also be frozen.
Our Sassy Microgreen Pesto packs a powerful punch of bold flavor. Made with arugula, broccoli, and mustard microgreens, on first taste, we often hear a “wow” response.
No basil or cheese allowed in our original homemade pesto blend to provide a vegan food option. We add almonds for protein, organic olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and Himalayan sea salt to make this flavorful dip or pasta mixer have a good-for-you foodie flair.
Sassy Pesto is a finer blend so this pesto is a good consistency to serve as a dip or cracker spread. Spread on garlic bread, bagels or toast.Sold in a 9 oz deli tub
Available for pickup at our retail location in Bay City, Michigan
- Spread microgreen pesto on crackers, dough balls, or bread sticks
- Use as a topping for fish in place of tartar sauce
- Spread on sandwich or pita bread instead of mayo
- Toss buttered pasta with pesto and top with sautéed veggies
- Pesto in place of pizza sauce
- Mix pesto with mayonnaise for a BLT sandwich spread
- Mix pesto with whipped butter (use on bread, vegetables, or potatoes)
- Pesto cream sauce for pasta or meat topping
- Top deviled eggs with a dab of microgreen pesto
- Pesto egg/tuna/chicken salad
- Microgreen pesto hummus
A nutritious meal can be that easy.
For a low carb option, replace pasta with sauteed zucchini zoodles or Shirataki noodles.